06 June 2012

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Exposed

If there's a makeup product that I cannot get enough of, it's definitely blush. I've always been a fan of orangey coral blushes, but ever since summer started I've been expanding my blush collection to pink tones. One of the blushes I've been loving lately is the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Exposed.


The Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour blush line claims to minimize oil and hydrate the skin at the same time. It also promises to improve the skin's overall complexion and texture. Its formulation includes Amazonian Clay, which is supposed to improve skin balance, Beeswax, which serves as a protective barrier between the skin and the external environment, Vitamin C to combat pre-mature aging and Vitamin E to prevent blemishes. Read more about it here.



Exposed is a nude old rose color with a matte finish. This has become one of my favorite blushes because of its color and how it reacts with my skin.




Since it is matte in nature, it doesn't highlight any of my blemishes or redness on the cheeks all that much. It goes on a bit sheer, but it's definitely buildable. The swatch above is around 3-4 layers of product. With that said, it's safe to say that this is one of those blushes that are difficult to overdo. It's not at all powdery so it sticks pretty well on the skin. This blush does not wear for 12 hours on me, but it lasted for a good 7 hours. Not bad, if you ask me. That's more than I can say for most of my MAC blushes.


PROS:

  • Contains skin improving ingredients
  • Long wearing
  • Buildable
  • Easy to use
  • Packaging depicts the color of the product

CONS:
  • Not available locally (Pre-ordered this from CareFreeShopper)
  • Plastic packaging 

VERDICT:
  • As I've said earlier, this is one of my favorite blushes. Its color matches the Filipina skin tone so well. Once you have this blush, it'll be difficult to put down. I love how long wearing it is because being a college student, I don't have the time in the world to touch up my makeup during the day (and I prefer to bring just blot powder and lip products when I'm out and about). 

3 comments:

  1. Hi, what brush do you use when applying this blush? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use the Marionnaud N3 Angled Blush Brush :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely blush! :) I must try it!
    I followed you on GFC & Bloglovin.
    Stay in touch,
    xoxo
    Visit: thereviewella.blogspot.com
    P.S. Hope you'll follow back. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...