04 July 2012

June 2012 Favorites

July has finally graced our presence making it time another monthly favorites list. I don't have a lot of favorites this month mainly because the products I've been loving lately have been featured in past favorites list. I think that says a lot about the success of my makeup shopping hiatus. Yup, you heard it right. I'm steering clear from buying eyeliner, lip products, cream shadows and blushes. So that leaves me with face products, powder eyeshadow, highlights and bronzers--none of which I shop for a lot so it shouldn't be a problem. I came to this decision as I was cleaning out my makeup cabinets a few weeks back. 


Here's an instagram (Yup, I finally caved in and downloaded that damn app) of my makeup collection. This may not seem like a lot to some people, but for me, an individual who has absolutely NO intentions of becoming a makeup artist, this is a freaking ridiculous amount. I have only one face after all. I say I'm making the right decision. 

Moving on to my monthly favorites! This semester's schedule allows me to have a little time to apply eyeshadow in the morning so I've been using more eye products than usual. Expect a lot of that this month!


With that said, let's start with those eye products!


Chanel Illusion D'Ombre Cream Eyeshadow in Émerveillé - This is just the right amount of shimmer for school. It brightens the eye area in an instant. Definitely a great way to fake 7-hours of sleep!

NARS Eyeshadow Duo in Bohemian Gold - The shade on the left is a lovely lid color to layer with Emerveille! This has definitely made it to my list of favorite all-over-the-lid colors.

NARS Smudge-Proof Eyeshadow Base - Watch out, UDPP, this eyeshadow primer beats your butt by a milestone! I have super oily eyelids so eyeshadow primers are a must-have for me. This primer holds up my eyeshadow like its no one else's business. It helps my eye makeup stay on all day without budging. Holy grail item right here!


NARS Blush Duo in Orgasm/Angelika - I have been reaching for NARS Angelika more and more now. I've had this duo for a long time now but I've always been put off by the bright pink shade of Angelika. Not to mention the silver flecks of glitter that might accentuate my acne scars. However, when I tried it last summer, I absolutely fell in love with it. It showed up really well on my skin! The color wasn't as intimidating as it was on the pan. Definitely a new fave!


Jeanne Lanvin EDP - I'm usually not a fruity-floral perfume kind of girl, but I used this perfume a lot this month. I love the scent it leaves after a few hours. It becomes more fruity than floral, which is what I like in a perfume. According to Fragrantica.com, it's top notes are blackberry, lemon and pear; middle notes are peony, freesia and raspberry; base notes are sandalwood, amber and musk.

5 comments:

  1. Oooh, i love your choices for makeup! :D It's a real pity NARS isn't available in Malaysia. T_T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what a shame :( Never knew that!

      Delete
  2. I wanna see your nail polish collection!! Specifically the one from the muppets please??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion, Michelle!

      Delete
  3. Lovely favorites! =) I think it might be time for me to try out the NARS eye shadow primer because I've just been hearing about good things about it lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...